L-Lysine is an essential amino acid that cannot be manufactured by the body so must be consumed in the diet. It improves calcium absorption and is needed to support proper growth and bone development. L-Lysine also supports the immune system and can assist the body to decrease the occurence and severity of seasonal symptoms.
Amino acids are needed by the body to rebuild and repair tissues and muscles, as well as to assist in making enzymes, proteins, and antibodies. L-Lysine is one of the eight essential amino acids that cannot be manufactured by the body. Not only is it needed to support proper growth and bone development, but L-Lysine also improves calcium absorption and helps maintain nitrogen balance in the body.
- Convenient, easy-to-swallow capsules.
- Suggest selling with calcium; promotes optimal absorption.
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish. Suitable for vegans.
- Vegetarian Formula
- Supports growth and bone development
- Decreases severity and occurrence of cold sores
- One of the eight Essential Amino Acids - must be ingested
- Immune Support
- Amino Acid
Interferes with the replication of herpes virus, helpful for those with cold sores or genital herpes. Lysine deficiency can occur by inadequate diatary intake, it is one of the 8 essential amino acids that must be ingested. The body cannot manufacture it. Lysine defiency is also caused by exessive arginine intake, found in nuts, chocolate, peanutbutter, gelatin, wheat, soy and caffeine.
Calcium increases absorption of Lysine and helps maintain nitrogen balance, imprtant for protein retention and muscular repair.
View Product Information Sheet (PDF)